Stress Management: How a Teen Does It | Teen Ink

Stress Management: How a Teen Does It

By CrystalClear99 BRONZE, Newark, Delaware
CrystalClear99 BRONZE, Newark, Delaware

You never know what you have, until it's gone. -Unknown

Have a big exam coming up at the end of the week? Multiple projects due all on the same day? Maybe you even got into a huge argument with your boyfriend or girlfriend and you have no clue what to do next! We all have these problems and complications that clutter up our lives at some point in time. So how do we solve these problems? With stress management, of course! For us a life of school work, friendships, and relationships is FULL of stress! So, here are some accommodating tips and fun things to do to battle stress!

1.
Take a Walk. If you are a person that loves the outdoors or maybe just loves the fresh air, this tip really helps. Taking a walk relieves stress while giving you time to empty your brain of anything complicated. Seeing the scenery around you or smelling the fresh air will help you temporarily forget about your problems. Doing this could even give you some time to think things through. The walk could last for 15 minutes to 30 minutes depending on how you are feeling and where you are going.

2.
Draw. If you absolutely love to do this whether you have artistic talent or not, go for it! Drawing can set one’s mind free and help get rid of stress. Sketch out your feelings across the paper. Draw what you are feeling or draw what makes you happy!

3. Listen to Music. Have a favorite song? Press play and enjoy the sweet sounds on your iPod, iPhone, or any other electronic device you use! Listening to a favorite song can help you escape the clutter in your life. Don’t have a favorite song? Well here are some good songs to listen to when you’re stressed!
•Best of Me by Christina Aguilera
•The Lazy Song by Bruno Mars
•Keep Your Head Up by Andy Grammar
•Put Your Records On by Corinne Bailey Rae

4.Talk to Someone. Sometimes when you keep all the stress to yourself you feel emotionally and physically drained. If you have a person you are close to, tell them how you feel. Ask them for advice on what you should do.