Pain for Pain | Teen Ink

Pain for Pain

By AlexxxX GOLD, Wichita, Kansas
AlexxxX GOLD, Wichita, Kansas

\"A wise man makes more oppatunities then he finds\"

Overwhelmed with emotions anger depression and nobody seems to listen to how we feel and what is causing all o this pain. Everyday thousands of teens are cutting themselves because they dont know how else to deal with this pain nobody seems to listen to them to hear them. They hide their cuts because they dont want to people to see they are ashamed and hurting and the worst part is when and if people find out a lot of them wont do anything whether its be cause they dont know what to do or that theyre afraid of making the person mad or making it worse. I know from personal experience Im not afraid to say I used to cut and I still do and the closest people around me know i do they dont do much but they always ask me if I do and if I have cuts on my wrist and my answer is always the same "No" but the truth is yes. they check my wrists and get mad but I cant help it I cant help why I cut I cant help this depression and nobodt listens and really hears what I'm saying. This pain causes me to lie to myself to others and worst of all my best friends. people need realize that when somebody cuts themselves they need help so help them tell someone an adult you can trust that will know what to do. I'm proud to say I am getting help for my "addiction" and for the physical pain I intentionally inflict on myself because I feel like I cant deal with this pain.

Yes I cut yes Im getting the help. I wrote this article to help people who know people who cut or hurt themselves becuase of depression so please help those people get the help.

Choirgirl SILVER, Las Cruces, New Mexico
Very well written.  I can really relate being a cutter myself.  Thanks for posting this.  Stay srtong to yourself.

HAILO BRONZE said...
HAILO BRONZE, Chehalis, Washington

"I will now share my political veiws with you."

stay strong beatuiful

AlexxxX GOLD said...
AlexxxX GOLD, Wichita, Kansas

Thank you very much :)

secrets_of_silence GOLD, Gisborne, Other

life had i loved the more
had it but passed away
as quietly as the day
ebbs from the darkening star.

-emanuel litvinoff

utterly amazing. i have the same thoughts. this is awesome writing

Coop123 BRONZE said...
on May. 31 2011 at 9:56 am
Coop123 BRONZE, Mt. Airy, Maryland

Deja vu'! This is the part where I tell you to SHUT UP!!!

This is so honest and i can truly say i respect what you are saying

AlexxxX GOLD said...
AlexxxX GOLD, Wichita, Kansas

Well glad you like it :) if you have questions about the topic you can ask me I may not have too much information but I know stuff from personal experience...

on May. 20 2011 at 7:38 am
Dr.GuessWhat GOLD, Romeo, Michigan

Don''t let anyone else define who YOU are. Be Original! Be Unique! Be You!
Follow me on twitter! LivyJoy144 I don't post lame things bout me day. More like fun quotes=)

This essay can totally relate to me.

I have to write a speech about this topic for school and i can totally use this information.

If you ahve anymore information about this topic lemme know=)

on May. 17 2011 at 12:30 am
DarkenedRainbow BRONZE, Clinton, Iowa

Rhyming and I, When we meet it is a mere coincidence...

You make a nice, strong point. But, it's not all about getting the help to stop; the person also has to want to quit. Also, I have friends that cut themselves, some of their parents know, teachers too. No one has really tried to stop them. Asking for help doesn't always work.  It should. But it doesn't all the time. Just another one of life's flawed systems.

keelz said...
well i am glad to see that people like you can admit this to the public others need to pay attention to why they are doing this