I Will Not Rest

Everyday since April,my mother has been ill with what we now know as Tic Deleaurueax,a nerve disorder. The doctor will not listen. She is in agony. My father and I watch in fear,horror. She has beaten cancer,she doesn't deserve this. Why,then did it happen? The dr.says it's migranes. The first time in April it was the condition coupled with pink eye. Dad takes her to ED 4 times in 3 days over 4th of July weekend. Come Wednesday morn,she is so weak she cannot get out of bed. You are seventeen,you call EMS. You keep your head level. She hits the doors,you are prohibited to go farther. You want to scream,curse,destroy things. You want to relapse. The doctor comes in says "Mrs,You need psychiatric help and you will get it. She tells Sissy to help Daddy take power of attorney. Sissy contacts Patient Advocacy. PA intervenes, Mom gets 3 doctors. They pump her full of Hydrocodone, Diladid, Heaven knows what else. She makes you promise to stay with grandparents. You say yes, as your voice breaks and you fall apart, your knees buckle and you sob and scream in agony on the linoleum floor in the hallway. You trust no doctors due to what you yourself have been through, now that trust is gone. You have held it together for 3 and a half months, mom, grandma, granddad, all in hospital. You knew you wanted social work as your major, with heavy emphasis on Patient Advocacy. Now you truly will not rest until healthcare is changed for better.

bluesky0728 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 28, 2010 at 11:47 am
Very good. Just correct some grammar mistakes (i.e. there should be a space after a comma) and you're good to go!

K.M.Simpson said...
please comment,review,etc