It's just Hair

Today is the day I got rid of my hair. I woke up and took a bath, something I recently was able to do on my own again. When I got out, my hair was so matted and tangled that I could not brush it out without it hurting. So I yelled for my mom to bring me a pair of scissors. Then I took a deep breath, and cut the first piece of my hair off and let it fall into the sink below me. This was my liberation. I felt so much better after doing this. I decided to only cut it up to my ears and let a beautician finish shaving it. Which I did about half an hour after my own beauty shop session. I watched her shave my red hair off, and it surprisingly felt amazing. Losing my hair was such a hard thing for me. I hated picking my loose hairs off of my clothes and surroundings. The worst part was when someone else would pick it off of me without even thinking about it. I know they didn't mean anything by it, but it still hurt. I have realized I love being bald. It is so much easier to deal with. I believe it was easier for me to give up my hair rather than have it taken from me slowly.

Hay_Wire This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 15, 2009 at 12:54 am
wow.. i wish i understod what this was about...
it sounds tough... wow. it was interesting.