POLLUTION! | Teen Ink

POLLUTION!

By erock0607 BRONZE, Livonia, Michigan
erock0607 BRONZE, Livonia, Michigan
1 article 1 photo 7 comments

Pollution!!!

Pollution!!!

Want to save the world? If you read this, I'll show you how!
Everyone is being affected by global warming caused by the Greenhouse Effect which is caused by pollution. You may be affected in different ways; for example, a little girl's ice cream melts and falls, and your air conditioning bills go up. Either way, you want it to stop! Pollution from everyday electric items is slowly destroying the earth, leading to the apocalypse. Pollution from those everyday items is causing the greenhouse effect which is atmospheric gases that let solar radiation in but trap a lot of it in the atmosphere. There are many little changes that you can make in your life that can slow down or stop the process of the apocalypse.

It may not be in our lifetime, or our great grandkids life time, but some time, those atmospheric gases will trap so much heat that there will be major climate changes that will end life on earth. If you have ever seen the movie "The Day After Tomorrow" you would know what I am talking about, yes, that is actually possible, maybe not that quick but it could happen. If you just take your time to read this essay and make some changes in your life, you could save the world, literally.

Do you think anything of using a leaf blower? Washing clothes in the washing machine? Turning on a lamp? I bet you don't. Well I do, when I move snow, I use a shovel; when I move leaves, I use a rake.
What I don't use, are leaf blowers and snow blowers. Did you know that snow and leaf blowers use 1206 watt hours per hour? Watt hours are the units for the amount of energy a utility uses in a certain amount of time. To find how many watt hours your items have, multiply the number of watts it uses to work, by the number of hours you are going to use it. Lamps in your house use about 56 watt hours per hour. Using a washing and drying machine uses 500 watt hour per hour.

Alternate energies and ways of doing work can drop those watt hours or even eliminate them. You won't use any watt hours if you shovel snow, rake leaves, and hand wash clothes and hang them to dry. For some things, you can't just use a different tool to get the work done, for example, lights. Instead of using regular light bulb, use a fluorescent light bulb. Also, you can deck your house out with solar panels which uses energy from the sun to get electricity. A labor generator is another option; it is a bike that produces energy as you pedal. If you use some of these strategies I just taught you, you could save the world!

I was watching tv and i saw this show that was talking about the effects of global warming, that scared me, so i came up with some simple cheap ways to save earth.

Helen BRONZE said...
Helen BRONZE, Livonia, Michigan
Nice Job Eric!

Sam L. said...
I like your paper Eric!

OneChance GOLD said...
OneChance GOLD, Westland, Michigan

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥be who YOU want to be, not what OTHERS want to see. ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Hi eric nice pollution paper!!!! its alyssa!!!!soooo...

EmilyB. said...
EmilyB., Livonia, Michigan
Good job Eric, it's awesome!