Ways to Help the Earth | Teen Ink

Ways to Help the Earth

By Joe Vetula BRONZE, Livonia, Michigan
Joe Vetula BRONZE, Livonia, Michigan

Now, I'm pretty sure you guys know about Global Warming. We really need to prevent it, because it is destroying our earth. I think we could do a lot, and these are some of my ideas.

Well, a big thing we could do is to recycle. It helps a lot, and it only takes maybe 1 second more than throwing away pop cans and stuff. Think, if everybody on the planet recycled all the stuff they could, that would be a big help. That's just a thought though, because it would be really hard to do that. But recycling is a big thing, and a lot of people are already doing it, which is good.

Another thing we could to help the earth and reduce global warming is to use solar energy for a lot of our everyday items, like cars. I'm not an expert on this, but I think pollution is the major cause of global warming, so it would be a good thing if we cut back on causing it. Solar cars would help a lot because the exhaust from regular cars is causing pollution and stuff. Solar energy, like solar panels on houses and stuff would also help, because then we wouldn't have to burn coal and stuff for energy, which is also a big pollution supporter.

These next ideas don't relate to global warming, but they are also important things to think about. Species preservation is really important, and I'm not just talking about animals. Plants help support life on earth. They kind of make air, and we need that to live, so destroying them would be pointless. Cutting down rainforests is wrong, and sooner or later we are going to face the consequences, which won't be good.

Now, for the animal part, we just flat out shouldn't kill animals unless we absolutely have to, like for food. Commercial hunting is wrong, because normally the animals are just walking around when they get killed. I don't think people would like it if they got killed when they were just walking around. Sure, the hunters eat the meat, but that's just adding to the extinction of animals. I'm not asking anybody to turn into a vegetarian, but just don't eat so much meat. Take it in moderation. I completely go against what the Japanese are doing, what with killing whales and stuff. They say they are doing it for science tests, but I've saw a show or two about them, and they're killing like 20 whales at a time. Just take 1, or don't take any at all. It's wrong.

I went over only a couple of things we could do to make the earth a better place. We should take serious action to all of the problems going on on the earth. One day, it will be too late, and that will be bad. I hope you liked my essay, because I really tried at it.