A Better Way | Teen Ink

A Better Way

By Hannahbananarama BRONZE, Livonia, Michigan
Hannahbananarama BRONZE, Livonia, Michigan

This World clearly has some big problems that we need to solve. Our economy is failing, and Global Warming has the Earth crying out for help. I'm going to talk about solar power. GM is coming out with the Chevrolet Volt in 2010, an electrical car to get you where you need to go without using gas. Oil is going to run out someday, and we need an alternative solution that is affordable and environmentally friendly. The Volt is environmentally friendly, but I'm afraid that they will charge too much money for Middle Class America to afford. We need a new solution. I'm talking about solar power.

Solar power is a great way to power a car. It can charge while you're driving, just like a normal car battery. With a big solar panel on the roof, they can make it in any shape they want to. Whether it is like a Ford Mustang or a Mini Van, it can be the car of your choice. If you can power houses with solar power, why not cars? You don't have to pay for the sun to power things; you have to pay for electricity. Solar power is a great free way to power things. If this would sell for about $12,500 dealerships would be out of stock quickly.

Solar power is not just the way to power a car; you can power everything from it. You can use the solar panels on your roof. If they were less money, maybe about $20, people would use them more. They pay for themselves.

Solar power is a brilliant way to power things, and we need to use it a lot more. Solar power is also a very efficient way to power things from cars to houses.

This piece has things that I have been thinking about since gas prices hit $4.00 in Michigan.

Thank you. Sk8er_girl!

on Mar. 20 2009 at 12:34 am
sk8er_girl BRONZE, Westland, Michigan
Way to go Hannah!