Animal Cruelty | Teen Ink

Animal Cruelty

June 1, 2015
By BaileyExley SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
BaileyExley SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Animal Cruelty
The definition of animal abuse is to deliberate abuse or simply the failure to take care of an animal which was from The Humane Society of the U.S “Animal abuse and Neglect”.If you are going to have a pet just to abuse it then why have a pet and then become an animal abuser. The first question i’m going to answer is what is animal abuse,which animal get abused the most and where animal abuse happens the most. Then what are the punishments and fines you can get if you are caught abusing animals. Final I will talk about what animals abuser are most likely to become.


An animal abuser is someone who refuses to take care of an animal or deliberately abuses an animal for no reason.The main animal that get abused are chickens,dogs,cats and primates which are human like monkeys that have all the same characteristics of a human except they are typically agile tree dwellers. The top five states in 2013 where animals get abused are Kentucky,North Dakota,New Mexico, Iowa and Wyoming according to The Animal Legal Defense Fund. But if you get caught abusing animals you will most likely end up in jail with a spendy fine.


When you get caught abusing an animal you will end up in jail but there are different levels of punishment and fines that the abuser will receive that depends on how made the animal was abused. The minimum that an abuser will receive is called “Cruelty” is the pleasure of causing pain or suffering which includes a fine up to $700.00 and imprisonmant up to 90 days.The second level of punishment and fine is called “Intential Cruelty” is causing substantial bodily harm which includes a fine up to $3000.00 and up to a year in prison.the third level of punishment and fines is called “Intential Cruelty” which is the causing of death or great bodily harm that incldes fines up to $5000.00 and imprisonment up to two years in prison. The Maximum that a abuser will receive is if the abuse to the animalis done to “intimidate a Person” which


includes a fine up to $10,000.00 and four years in prison according to Stray Pet Advocacy in article named “Cruelty Laws” that was copyrighted in 2013. But what kind of background does a person have to have to become an animal abuser.


An animal abuser usually is grows up havind a childhood and or an adolescent Animal abuser and because of watching the animal getting abused they think it’s okay with abusing their animal when they grow up. When a person becomes an animal abuser they usually have to be an aggresive person or has had a lot of anger in them which has to be let out but if an animal is present they might think that it’s not their fault and they should just take it out on something else according to the Human Society of the U.S.


           An animal abuser will likely become a human abuser over tume because they either get bored just abusing animals but what they somethimes don’t know is the charges that they get are just building up and if they get caught abusing animals it usually depends on how many but they could end up beig in prison for the rest of their lives and in prison even though the inmates did stuff just as bad as you and if they find out that your an animal abuser,child abuser or a wife beater you will most likely end up getting bet up in a short period of time according to the ASPCA website. Men are more likely to abuse animal three times more then women Are according to the Dailymail website. The condition of an animal that has been abused are it is usually very shy and scared of people but  an abuser is an abuser no matter what they abuse.


   There are many ways of abusing animal the methods most used according to the Human Society of the U.S. are beating,shooting,stabbing and even setting the animal on fire but none of these methods are ok. I just told you the what,where and which animal abuse happeneds, the fines and punishments for abusing an animal and being an abuser and what animal abuser are most likely to become. Animal abuse is only illegal in 45 state in the United States Of America but animal abuse should be illegal in all 50 states in The United States Of America.