African Elephants | Teen Ink

African Elephants

October 31, 2014
By Brianna Matallana BRONZE, Pacoima, California
Brianna Matallana BRONZE, Pacoima, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

African Elephants in the media world are looked as a positive thing. Like in the movie Dumbo, he is a good elephant. Also in the movie Babar elephants are looked as the good people in the movie. I believe that we see elephants as gentle and kind because they are very nice animals. They will be are kind animals and very good with people.

According to article ‘’National Geographic’’ elephants have been here for 55 million years. They have been roaming the earth for a long time. A longer time than humans. Other different animals have been on earth for a long time just like the African elephants.
African elephants are going extinct because of their tusks. Ivory is valuable to some humans. Killing African elephants for their tusks is still illegal today. And because of that some african elephant population is still endangered. 
Imagine a life without elephants would be different because they are part of our environment. If they were all gone then some animals would die because they need elephants to live.
  For instance, elephants are important because they we can help is to stop people from harming them. We show them how life would be without elephants. If they were all gone then the animals that eat them food would have less prey. Another way we can help them stop hurting them is to tell them how they are harming our environment.
     Imagine a world without elephants, there wouldnt be anymore elephants at the zoo.  It would be devestating because when i am older and have my own kids, wouldn’t get to see them in real life only in pictures and it isn’t the same when yoiu look at the oictures instaed of when they are alive. i would rather have them see the elephants for themselves instead of just seeing pictures and paintings of them.