Endangered Sharks | Teen Ink

Endangered Sharks

October 31, 2014
By Anonymous


The worlds lowest population in the world is taken up by the creature that no one suspects it to be. They have always been seen as the most dangerous animal of the sea and are always known to be as the enemy in every movie they come out in. Do you know what animal i’m talking? Its the SHARK!!!
There are many reason why the shark has the lowest population in the world. One of those reasons is because people fish them just for their fins. All they do with sharks is fish them cut their fins off and then throw them back into the sea and leave them there to die.
The reason why people do this is because the sharks fin is used to make an expensive type of soup that reaches the price of 650$ a kilogram and it takes one shark fins to feed a family of four as they say in the article”Although fins on average make up less than 5% of the total body weight of a shark, they are worth the majority of its financial value” article by Claudia Li. Sharks are important to the sea because without them the ocean food chain wouldn’t be the same and one population would be more overpowered than another and sooner or later that population would take up most of the sea. A world without sharks would become a world where your grandkids wouldn”t know how a shark looks without you having to show them what it looks likes or at least describe it to them.
Things that we can do to save the sharks from entirely becoming extinct are not buying any item that includes shark which will sooner or later sharks will become unpopular. So then shark will be removed from stores and won't be sold anymore which will end up in no more shark fishing. You can also adopt a shark but can not keep it at home they will keep it at the aquarium. The owner of the shark will have to be told what the aquarium is  planning to do with it, so if  you do not agree with what the aquarium is  planning to do with your shark you  can deny it and if they go along with it you are able to press charges. 89% of the people that have pressed charges to these companies have won their cases.
Some of the reasons why sharks are not very dangerous is because there is a higher possibilities of being struck by lightning by 1.36% than being bit or even killed by a shark. Another reason is because sharks only like to eat seals and fish not humans. They hate the taste of humans. That is why when people get bitten by sharks they die due to to blood loss. Last why sharks are not very dangerous is because sharks are more frightened  than us humans and they are very sensitive in their nose so why one simple touch in the nose would make the sharks run away and probably have their nose broken. This is some out of hundreds of reasons why sharks are not dangerous and have the lowest population in the world at the moment.