Dear Earth This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

You have been our home for millions of years. Throughout this time, you have provided us with all we need to live. We, as a species, have populated the entire earth, something no other kind has done before. We realize that, in doing so, we have ravaged your resources and successfully destroyed most of your ecosystem, making millions of other species endangered or even extinct. We apologize for that.

Sadly, we will not be able to support ourselves much longer on your surface unless we dramatically alter our lifestyle. After several feeble and failed attempts to make our existence more sustainable, we have a plan. Within the next centuries, after we have made it through our financial crisis, we will start investing in sustainable energy and trying to reduce our emissions of poisonous gases into your fragile atmosphere. We are sure that in several hundred years, we will be able to fully sustain our existence. And hopefully, we will make this a priority as soon as we can.

Thank you for your understanding,

The Human Race