We Need Rules

If everyone on earth did exactly what they wanted when they wanted to do it the world would be absolute chaos. People wouldn’t listen to anyone. The boundaries that keep people safe would be broken and millions of people could get hurt. The world would be come so out of control that we would be running around like chickens with our heads chopped off. No one would go to work. Kids would leave school without telling anyone. Teachers wouldn’t show up. No one would pay attention to fire drill rules. Trash would cover the street, buildings would be destroyed, and people would walk around drunk/high. With out some sort of guidelines we have nothing to go by, nothing to help us control our random and sudden wants. People would act on spontaneous thoughts without thinking about the consequences that may follow because there wouldn’t be any to follow. We need rules.

The Mentalist said...
Aug. 13, 2008 at 5:37 am
The phrase "if man could govern himself he would have done it since the dawn of time" comes to mind but I think you put it in the wrong section