Vegetarianism This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

VegetarianismBy Vicki VenturaIs it just me or do people today seem to care less and less about the environment? People don't care what or who they hurt - and that really angers me. One of the best ways to protect the environment is to become a vegetarian.Vegetarianism is popular not only among teens but among adults as well. Vegetarians do not use any chicken, beef, pork or fish in their diets.There are a variety of reasons why people choose to be vegetarians. Some feel it is wrong to eat other living creatures. Others choose not to eat meat for health reasons; it has been proven that vegetarians are healthier than meat eaters. The third reason for eliminating meat is to help the environment.Many people do not believe this third reason, but statistics show that vegetarianism does actually help the environment. Consider how much water is used to process meats: millions and millions of gallons per year - much more than is used to produce crops. Imagine all the pollutants meat-processing factories release. This pollution could be eliminated. What about those chemicals that are dumped from processing plants into the water? They not only harm the creatures in the water, but you drink that same water.You are in control of our future. Your actions matter; so be wise and be a vegetarian. ^

Carolyn said...
Poor grammar but holds promise. Good luck!