pollution | Teen Ink

pollution

By michy_ BRONZE, Gainsville, Georgia
michy_ BRONZE, Gainsville, Georgia

"everything happens for a reason."

Pollution is the introduction of contaminants into an environment that causes instability, disorder, or harm to the ecosystem. It can take the form of chemical substances or energy such as, noise heat or light. The elements of pollution are called pollutants. The pollutants can be foreign substances or energies. They are considered contaminants when they exceed natural levels. The blacksmith institute issues a list of the worlds most polluted places annually. In 2007, most polluted places were China, Peru, Russia, Zambia, Ukraine, and Azerbaijan. A lot of pollution is caused by air pollution. Air pollution comes from both natural and man made sources. Though man made pollutants are more significant. Like construction,mining, and agriculture. Motor vehicle emissions are one of the leading causes in the air pollution. Pollution could be a consequence of natural disaster. Like hurricanes. They involve water contamination from sewage and petrochemical spills from ruptured boats and vehicles. Pollution can cause lots of damage to the environment and we need to do whatever it takes to stop it.

blawasb said...
Pollution should be stopped. When you said "Pollution could be a consequence of natural disaster.",I agree. Because of hurricane Katrina the people of New Orleans could not live there due to the sewage contamination. When you said "A lot of pollution comes from air pollution.",this reminded me that most other countries do not have the EPA's standards.

hutchinsonj said...
I agree that pollution should be stopped. One of the quotes that you said was, "In 2007, most polluted places were China, Peru, Russia, Zambia, Ukraine, and Azerbaijian." I would have to agree on the China part because they have an enormous amout of people and manufacturing there. You also said, "Motor vehicle emissions are one of the leading causes in the air pollution." That could also be true because most adults have cars in the United States and other countries.