global warming | Teen Ink

global warming

By windswift DIAMOND, Arvada, Colorado
windswift DIAMOND, Arvada, Colorado

let it burn, suffering teaches the soul; let it grow, love nourishes the heart.

one of the most threatning problems we face in the modern world is global warming. global warming is the greenhouse gasses that are building up in our ozone layer and are slowly but surely heating up the inside of our earth. the problem, then, would be that the hot air cannot escape to anywere but back down, carrying the heat it accumulated with it. while this may not seem to be to big of a problem just think about this, what will we do in around 15 years when we cannot reverse global warming and we are begining to see the effects of this? but the one problem is just one of many, and the other problem that i want to discuss is how are we, in 15 years, going to be able to stop the majority of the world from creating greenhouse gasses? in my personal opinion i think that it is near immpossible to stop the vast majority of the world from using objects that are pumping greenhouse gasses into our atmesphere. so i will say that the task of stopping the majority of the greenhouse gasses is one that can be carried out only be poeple that can control a country and influnce others.

windswift DIAMOND, Arvada, Colorado

thanks for your comment, i know that nothing will be done unless the poeple that influnce us do something about it, and that probably wont happen.

Inkspired PLATINUM, Whitby, Other

"If one will scoff at the study of language, how, save in terms of language, will one scoff?" - Mario Pei
"I write for the same reason I breathe - because if I didn't, I would die." Isaac Asimov

Thanks for all your comments! I'm reading your stuff now, and this piece is so true, and I also think it's true that influential people have to stand up and do something! Why aren't they? Global warming is worse than the economy, people. I love your message! Great!