A.R.K. | Teen Ink

A.R.K.

By uniquelylexy SILVER, San Jacinto, California
uniquelylexy SILVER, San Jacinto, California

Freshman year.

You wouldn't expect to do amazing things, because you are just fresh meat. But, I'm the type of person who doesn't want to be just like everyone.

It was a regular, bright day in my fifth period class. We were watching a movie called Living on One. It was about college students who went to Guatemala and went to experience the lifestyle of people who live with so little.

Watching that. It hit me. A flashback to when I was around 10 years old. It all started then. My desire to help those who need it. Everytime I see a brown cardboard sign I start to tear up. 

Watching that movie gave my friend and I the idea of starting a club to help our community and allow others to do as well. We started what we call The Breakfast Club. In our club we fundraise to feed the people in our community as much as we can. 

Now we are sophomores, thinking of the smiles we will soon bring to people we help. It gives me goosebumps. It is like the feeling right after you ate a good meal. Making people happy is my goal. One Act of Random Kindness can change the world dramatically.