Helping Out Your Community | Teen Ink

Helping Out Your Community

People usually don't tend to like to do community service. Some people are just selfish and do not like to go out of their way to help out their community. Others do a lot community work. I'm not saying that I go out and do tons of community work all the time, but I do it when I have to. When my school has a community day, I always do my part and help out. High schools like having students who get out and do that type of work that's why my school holds these community days twice a year. The only reason the students do the work is because it's required. The majority of us would not do any community work if it wasn't required. If schools started to require a certain amount of community service hours for students to be able to graduate, a lot of us would go out and the the time. I believe that schools should make that a requirement.

Community does a lot. Not just for the community, but for the individual doing it. It makes them a better person. People used to, and still do, punish bad people that have done things wrong with community service. Why you may ask, because it straightens them up and makes them better citizens. People learn so many things from community service. One of the skills they learn is responsibility. It will just benefit in general. It will look good in résumés. Community service teaches things that can't be learned in school and it helps out both the person and the community succeed.

Community service helps out the community In a lot of ways. There are so many things that people have to volunteer to do or else the community just wouldn't survive. The community needs the volunteering and service to survive. Communities who have a lot of people who volunteer their time are usually more successful. It's great for the community, but if people are going to do a sloppy job at it might as well not do it. It is suppose to help out your community not make it worse or keep it the same.

Community service just doesn't help your community, it helps everyone out. It will make the people doing it more successful. It will help out the students out in the long run. I do think that schools should require community service in order to graduate. It can only benefit us and it will look good on college applications and future applications.