Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind

This is the truest statement you ever get to read in your life. A lot of people are out there who just sweat about “what will everyone say” about things that concern them. If you need to pull along, just do it without listening to every bothering bumbler. I mean, why should you mess up your life for people who don’t care two cents about you? I really think it’s high time we must give up adopting this kind of attitude. There are a lot of people who even commit suicide because they feel they can’t live up to the expectations of the society. And if they don’t do that, they sink in the deep chasm of depression from where return is nigh on impossible.
Sometimes I just want to run on the streets like crazy and yell, “Your life is your own! Do not destroy it for some boring old pest who doesn’t care tuppence about you!” Sometimes, it’s just difficult to tell people that they need to give up living for others and that they must live their own life. Some simply laugh and walk away; though in the depth of their heart they know you’re true. Some even take your words to heart and follow you. It’s difficult to decide a course pattern people are likely to adopt; they’re so unpredictable. So we must do our part. The best community service we can do is to run around, catch anyone who is crying and tell them that they need to stop living it out for others. They need to live for themselves. If someone really cares about them, he won’t mind. If he is just another sham fiend, he will mind and walk away. Let him, for we’ll know that he doesn’t matter a bit…

SaphiraBrightscales said...
Jun. 21, 2013 at 12:40 pm:
Hey! WOW! This is EXACTLY how I feel... You see I have many friends who care ever so much about what people think and one of them is like ..it's as if this thing has been etched into her being, as if she can't possibly  even try to get rid of it. I always try so hard to get all these people to not care, to rise above these things, mostly it doesn't work... Did it work for you? I mean I never care, I'm one of those that just does what she wants no matter what people say, do o... (more »)

DynamoThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 22, 2013 at 9:44 am :
Yeah, it's the case with some people who always pester others, and the others get flustered and start worrying like a bunch of worry warts. I'm also working on a non-fiction book right now (mostly when I'm away from writer's block) related to the idiocy of the prospect of suicide. Might have to find a publisher pretty soon, if I complete it at all. :P   Yeah, that's wonderful! It's freakin' hot here at 42, 43 being the average, but we'll live. :P It's... (more »)

SaphiraBrightscales replied...
Jun. 23, 2013 at 5:27 am :
WOW,,, I'm sure I'll want to read that book as soon as its published. Hey! DO let me know and I'll come over to Lahore and buy myself one :D Good Luck!  Ah, yes we will but many won't, and that's what sickens me truly, just because we have a generator and many others don't we'll live... Whyy is Pakistan so cruel? And well, if you're going to be a doctor man, one little piece of advice, steel yourself for you have a lifetime of studying to do, and after that... (more »)

Jun. 24, 2013 at 5:23 am :
I'll do that once I proceed beyond the third chapter :D I can't really blame Pakistan for all that. 'Tis not the fault with our stars, but with ourselves, that we are underlings. I think we have much to be proud of rather than be lugubrious over :P Yeah, my cousin is in a medical college, and she is... drained. It's gonna be tough, so I'll be needing all prayers to get through. I'm applying these days (although admissions haven't really started) and believe me, it... (more »)

SaphiraBrightscales replied...
Jun. 25, 2013 at 2:03 pm :
Oh well,, whenever you finish :D And well said, I didn't really mean that, it's really just fate... anyway, let's not go into philosphy. And gosh, because of you I learn a new word everyday you know. Thanks for that! Today's word: lugubrious, meaning excessively sorrowful. Ah, well, I have my spells... you see whatever I am feeling like, may it be joy or sorrow, it is always excessive, I never have those normal calm moments. But I don't mind. Hey, I've told a million peop... (more »)