Volunteer Ambulance This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

When you think about doing community service, you should seriously think about joining a volunteer ambulance corp. I joined because I wanted to know how to respond when someone is injured. When you join the youth corp, emergency medical technicians (EMTs) from the senior corp teach how to use the equipment. In most corps, once you know where everything is on the rig and take CPR, you can ride on the ambulance and help transport equipment to the scene of an injury. Right now I am taking a CPR course and a Certified First-Responder (CFR) course. If I pass, I will be certified by the state to do almost everything an EMT does. You have to be at least 16 to be a CFR. The hard work you put into it will be balanced by the satisfaction in taking part in saving people's lives. fl

TheSkyOwesMeRainThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 28, 2013 at 2:16 am
Wow, good luck! It sounds like a very noble and worthwhile thing to do :)