Book Buddy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

One summer, I volunteered as a Book Buddy at a local branch of my public library. It was a very interesting experience during which I got to meet lots of people and try new things.

I volunteered for three days a week, four hours each day. I helped with the library’s summer reading program by entering names of children who signed up into the library’s computer. I also helped my supervisor teach the adult computer basics and skills class to senior citizens, and I helped children access games on the library’s youth-programmed computers.

After the program was finished, I received a certificate, a letter and small gifts for my services, but I am more glad to have made someone’s life better through my efforts. As a matter of fact, I saw one man and a few children whom I helped on the bus months afterwards and they remembered me. What a great feeling!

Lily">This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 9 at 9:19 pm
i love this so much!