Social Media | Teen Ink

Social Media

January 30, 2017
By Anonymous

Social media has blossomed throughout the years. Everywhere you go, everyone you meet either has a Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, etc. It’s rare to find someone who doesn't have a social media account. But sometimes when you post something or anyone else post something, we are worried about the amount of likes or retweets we would receive. Most of the time you would receive comments that either are positive or negative. Especially when it comes to celebrities and their love ones.

The one thing that bothers me the most is the fact that people would say hurtful things to other people. Those kind of people would either criticize what someone is wearing, associating with, relationships, etc. Now a days, it seems like a normal thing to see people arguing over nothing. It seems like no one cares about someone’s opinion and only care about their own. If someone doesn’t agree with your opinion, to that person you are either wrong or “stupid”.

But what I see in the comment section that gets under my skin, is the fact that people think is okay to judge someone. Since I’m in the One Direction fandom, I see this a lot. I one of the members are dating someone, the fans would either hate it, love it, or don’t care.  At one point, I didn’t like Kendall Jenner or Taylor Swift because they were dating one of my favorite member. I had no right to judge someone if I didn’t know them personally.

If you go on Instagram, you could find accounts hating on celebrities, which to me makes no sense at all. How are you going to be rude to someone if they have never make you feel the way you feel personally?

Even the media say the rudest things about celebrities. Sometimes people forget that they are humans and that they have emotions too. If we don’t like how someone treat us, why treat them poorly?


If you a celebrity that you don’t like would you go up to them how much you don’t like them? Or become starstruck? Because I know for a fact that some people wouldn’t have the courage to express how much they dislike a celebrity.