Just One Action | Teen Ink

Just One Action

By hdanielle BRONZE, Baskin, Louisiana
hdanielle BRONZE, Baskin, Louisiana

"It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be." - Albus Dumbledore

"Hey nerd," the girl taunted Kylee as she pushed her into the lockers. Her books fell out of her arms, scattering onto the ground. Some in the hallway froze and watched. Others kept walking, pretending not to see anything. Not one person helped. Not one person stopped it. Why?

Everyday thousands-maybe even millions-of kids are bullied. It could be physically, emotionally, verbally, or even over the internet. Bullying makes someone feel weak and worthless. Bullying tears a person down. People often are purposely ignorant of bullying.

Kids witness bullying happening and they don't say anything because they're scared of being bullied too. Adults refuse to believe that bullying can happen or maybe they just don't care. Bullying goes on and nobody stops it. And you know what? I'm sick of it.

I'm sick of people turning the other way and not doing something about bullying. People say that we should stop bullying but they take no action. I know what it is like to be bullied, to have someone make me feel worthless.

Bullying lead to be insecure and self-conscious. I look in the mirror everyday and I hate my appearance. I hate myself because of my bullies. I don't want anyone to go through what I'm struggling through right now.

I'm writing this to tell you to take a stand against bullying. You know that kid that has no friends? Befriend them. That girl that is being bullied? Take a stand against her bully or at least tell an adult. That kid that no one includes? Include them.

A single gesture, a single stand, can make bullying even less existent. All it can take is standing up to someone, telling an adult, or even including that kid that no one notices. One little action that is all it takes. Join the fight to end bullying and maybe one day bullying can just be a thing of the past-a myth.

I know it might be hard and difficult but just think. You can make someone feel like they aren't worthless. You can help someone who is struggling, who is maybe even on the brink of suicide, not fall over the edge.

Remember, all it takes is one small action to set off a chain of more actions that can do some good in the world.

Honestly, I'm tired of all the bullying that is going on all around the world that no one is fighting to stop. I'm not saying that nobody is not doing something but not enough people are. I decided to write this piece to inspire people to take a stand, to fight. One small action can end up saving a person's life.