Bullying | Teen Ink

Bullying

December 18, 2016
By tarahecht343 BRONZE, Delray Beach, Florida
tarahecht343 BRONZE, Delray Beach, Florida
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Bullying, why? My friends get bullied everyday and I want to do something about it. I remember the first week of sixth grade in Middle School. In every class we would watch these power points about what to do and what not to do and one of the things that all the teachers said is “NO BULLYING IN THIS SCHOOL!” To all the Bullies that meant nothing to them. After all the power points, the bullying started.

   

My friend was going through a rough time. People would push her in the hallways and call her fat. It was so bad that she switch schools! When I see my classmates, friends,and kids who go to my school getting bullied, It hurts me inside. If only i can stand up to a bully instead of watching so I can help many people. Why can’t bullies just give respect? Instead they are aggressive.

Boys and Girls who go to my school always get bullied just because they are tall or have a different fashion taste. At my school, or at least some of my friends/classmates don’t go to school because they are scared of the big,bad bully, but did anybody think about how the bully feels. Maybe the bullies are depressed in their own life, maybe jealous of the person that they are bullying, or maybe just sad and bring out all of his or hers feelings on the victim. You just need to think to yourself that bullies have feelings too and in some cases the bully isn’t really a bad person.

Bullying is just a crazy game that really has no reason. The bullies may think that they are “all that in a bag of chips” and popular but really they are scary monsters. Think as if you were the bully, having no friends, nobody to talk to, nothing but that terrifying thing you see in the mirror everyday. Doesn’t sound like the luxury life to me. Why even want to be that monster?  You’ll know that nothing but bad things would be coming your way.

       
Imagine you seeing your friend being bullied. Everybody can do something when others may be reluctant and do nothing. I can stand up to the bully. If everybody stood up to a bully it could change the world! It may be a scary thing to do, but you would be doing what is right. I can do a lot about bullying and so can everyone else.

I know bullying is a crazy thing that you wouldn’t think the kind people of the 21st century would be doing but its happening, everyday. If somebody bullies you, tell a parent, trusted adult, friend, guidance counselor, teacher,etc. Those people can always help you when you need some guidance while you’re getting bullied. If you’re not the victim getting bullied then stand up to the bully. YOU would be a life saver to the people in harm.