Cyberbullying | Teen Ink

Cyberbullying

By __NeverCared__ BRONZE, San Diego, California
__NeverCared__ BRONZE, San Diego, California

Imagine your child at school being made fun of with photos and polls online where everyone can see who is the hottest and who is the ugliest. What would you do to help your child? Do you ever ask your child what goes on at school? Or do you just leave them alone and think everything is fine. My honest opinion is that you should rely on your confidence to help you get through Cyber-Bullying. Cyberbullying is the “use of electronic communication to bully a person on social media” (“Google,”2016). Teens and Tweens feel so broken inside when people start to point out there main flaws. A study done by UCLA Psychologists reported by Jeanna Juvonen found “75% of  teenagers were bullied online and 85% of them also had been bullied at school(“Universitybusiness,” 2015).  From my point of view, you should always talk to your parents about what's going on. Confidence can help you thought that dark tunnel when you can't see the light.

One reason I think you should rely on your confidence is because it can help you see the light in the dark tunnel. In my opinion, who cares what they think about  you and who cares what they say about you because you should know if the rumors or the things they are saying are truth. Can’t you tell the difference? The research about people bullying online and at school states that the people that try to hurt other are probably broken themselves and try to take the anger or sadness out on others and they are only mean because you have something they cant have but want to have. The only way to make any of that happen is for them to see that all the things they say are hurting you but if you stay confident they will see you as a strong person and will leave you alone. What to do you want us to do? You think we get hurt on purpose. Do you? We can rise up as the young adults we are and use confidence as a shield to protect you from cyberbullying, let the words bounce of your shield of confidence and be tossed back at the bullies.

Another reason I think you should rely on your confidence is it can be used as a shield to protect you from all of the harsh, rude, mean things they say to you they will bounce of the shield back into their faces. This second I want you to STOP and  THINK there are teens on social media 24/7 that means every second,minute, hour of the day so when you post something online seconds later someone 5 rooms away could already know everything about it. Researches have proven that 4,507 cases of cyberbullying in 2012-15, up from 2,410 in 2011-12, with an 87% rise in online bullying, a 41% increase in  self-harm and a 33% increase in young people feeling suicidal(“cyberbullyingeffects”,2015). Believe me I know, I was bullied 6-8th grade. When people who don't really know the real you try to change you by pointing out some of the flaws you have and they make you believe them. They will do anything to ruin your life post things online saying “you're ugly, you should go kill yourself” or making polls online about you has the prettiest clothes. They did everything to make my life hard, I had to change my number 3 different times because they got all 3 times they will text you day and night without anyone knowing, but finally in 2016 they finally stopped. I was so happy but sad because they took a big part of my life. People who know nothing about cyberbullying would say that it's not a big deal and that everyone in life experiences it but I have to prove them wrong.

People who have no clue what cyberbullying would say that cyberbullying is not a big deal and that every kid does it or goes through it but why would they know. Have they ever been bullied? Did they ever get so hurt by  words that they wanted to kill themselves? I don't think they have.  My  opponents would say, that cyberbullying is just like a way  of people expressing the way they feel on social media like with a picture when you put a caption it expresses the picture the way you put it out there and that's why you put it out there but have you ever hear think before you act because when you put a caption you think about it first then post it. I know they will try to prove me wrong with GOOD research but you should trust someone like me that has GREAT research. Won't you trust me? Cyberbullying can hurt someone emotionally and physically depending on the situation but, we need to help get people through because they deserve another chance  just like me.

In conclusion, confidence will help you get through cyberbullying. It will also protect you from it, use it as a shield. People out there probably know nothing about cyberbullying so don't trust them trust me. Would I lie to you? In all confidence will help you shine bright when you are down in a storm and will protect so you can help the people around you.

This is a argument essay about cyberbullying and the ways to help get out of it