Understand Us | Teen Ink

Understand Us

May 3, 2016
By InsomniAlex GOLD, Corry, Pennsylvania
InsomniAlex GOLD, Corry, Pennsylvania
14 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"All the world's a stage" William Shakespeare
"And though she be but little, she is fierce" William Shakespeare


They say gay as if it doesn't matter. They all joke around, when they say gay. Would they understand? Would they understand if straight was used as a slang term, something derogatory maybe. They don't know how much hearing that used as a joke hurts. They hurt us. They hurt us because we aren't straight. But why? We aren't any different. We want love just like you do, I don't think that matters to them though. If i sat you down to talk to you, if I told you my story, you might cry out "That's not right!" but you caused half the damage. If i treated you the way you treat me would you stop? Would you cower in fear from me like I do? I fear the public because of you! Half of my inner demons are the voices behind your faces, teasing and taunting. You should research the LGBTQ+, maybe you would learn something. I know you won't. I know because you sit on Facebook and Snapchat and INstagram sniveling and sneering, teasing and taunting those who aren't like you. Maybe we have had enough of you. We have had enough of you. "Stop being such a judgemental jerk!" we cry out, and then we are seen as the bully. Take a look through the looking glass, maybe you could finally see how we fight.