Days of Judgement | Teen Ink

Days of Judgement

October 22, 2015
By littlec48 BRONZE, Littleton, Colorado
littlec48 BRONZE, Littleton, Colorado
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Have you ever thought about what others go through? Have you ever wondered who they really are? Now that I’m at this point in my life where everything is moving away from me like years passing I can somewhat answer these questions. I can never relive these years but can just remember them.


I sit at the corner of the lunchroom. If a person walks by they might give our table a look like I’m not there and walk on. While my friends joke around how stupid others it makes me think about judgement. Thats some strong word that goes around High School. From judging that really smelly kid or the kid that dyed their hair black we all do it even though we think it's just fun and games.
     

One time I was sitting in my Period 6 Creative Writing class and I was given this prompt and the topic that game to me immediately was judgement. So I decided to judge myself and see how it was to be in the shoes of those who must go through pain everyday at this amazing school.


Let me get straight to the point. If you were to put me in a category on the food chain I would fit into the nerd slot. It's fine down here having fun with friends but having the leisure to easily get good grades and slide along in the big crowds. I don’t speak out much and back the side that everyone goes to so I don’t get singled out. I’m also small so sometimes I get picked on because I can’t stand up for myself but that's why I have my friends to help me out. But what about those kids that don’t have that. I can sometimes feel for how they have to hide and listen to music to drown out the pain that was emotionally beaten into their brains. I know a girl that was called fat and almost starved herself so she could become skinny. I know a boy that almost tied that string around his neck. They have all been helped but it's still there.


 Try it. Go through one day and count how many times you judge someone by taking a glance at them. For me I stopped counting after lunch. It's a crime that can’t be stopped but only tempered with. But we can stop the fact that kids have to die because of it. Right now I’ve been involved with a program at church because I believe it's wrong for young teens to die because of other's opinions.


In some of the other pieces in my notebook I talk about how I’ve been judged and put on that line. Instead of hurting myself I melted down in front of those who judged me and they felt the pain I went through. From that day till the present they are my best friends that I could never live without.


Judgement. What a strong word that goes around High School. It can even end lives. Instead of wars over nuclear weapons they should be over this and end this. But we still can’t do anything about it as we live in these Days of Judgement.