We Are All The Same | Teen Ink

We Are All The Same

I know this is something that everyone finds boring and annoying to talk about, but please. Stop and listen. This is very important. No matter how unimportant it may seem to you, just listen.

I have been bullied before, but I would say that it's karma because of the things I have done to other's myself. I learned my lesson and have changed quiet a bit. I was a bully and then a victim. I have lived in a place where there hasn't been many puertoricans in my school, so basically I've been with what you would call caucassions. But I'm not being racist, I'm just letting you know what situation I was in.

let me remind you something: just because someone is a different color than you, just because someone speaks a different language, or has a different belief system and culture than you, different size, different age, does not mean you have the right to treat them disrepectfully. You have no idea what it's like to be in their shoes, to know what it is like to actually struggle with family and life all together. Just because they're different, that does not give you the right to call them names and make fun of them. Just because they don't have the same interests as you and doesn't have the apps that you have or the follower numbers like you, it doesnt matter. Numbers aren't important, and interest's aren't either. We are just like you. We are not any different than you are.

And just a reminder, let me just give you a quick history lesson. For those of you who make fun of colored people, we all originated from africa. Yeah. Those people with "black skin" that you laugh at. We all came from there. All of us are connected to that one place in africa. So people who are white, caramel, black, tan, orange, purple, green, what ever color you are, you came from there.

So are you still laughing now? I bet you're not. I bet you're mad because I told you where you actually originated from.

Bullying a transgender, or a gay, or a lesbian, is just discourteous in so many ways. there is no reason for you to make fun of a gay, or lesbian, or trans, just because they like the same gender. They are still just like us in every way. We still share their same interests, and liking in many things.

So stop bulling. Because we're all the same.

My personal life experiances inspired me to find this website and write this story that I have written for you. Movies like cyberbully, and movies that I watched in health class also inspired me to write this. I hope I did not offend any one in any way, but I just wanted to make things really clear about what I am talking about. I hope you enjoyed.