Is It Worth It? | Teen Ink

Is It Worth It?

By Rhe_Hill BRONZE, Arlington, Indiana
Rhe_Hill BRONZE, Arlington, Indiana
1 article 1 photo 1 comment

"Kindness is the language which the deaf and hear and the blind can see." -Mark Twain

Dear..

No let me rephrase that. 

Bullies, 

You see that girl with the scars all over her skinny arms and meatless body? You see the boy sneaking into the bathroom with his hand balled into a fist? That small girl that you call fat, she isn't here anymore. Did you know that? Remember, the girl that brought her baby to school with her every single day and struggled to get all the education she needed because she was, what you call, a "w****." She was raped. 

What is it? Is it the rush that you get out of making fun of people that can't help who they are? Is there a crime to be abused, raped, threatened? Listen. Just once, listen to me. I am one of those girls that walk through the hallways being made fun of by these so called, "preps". You are NOT popular because you make fun of innocent people. 

You are NOT funny, cute, adorable, or anything along those lines! You are killing people. If not physically, mentally and emotionally. Guys, think about what has made you want to make fun of all these people you make fun of, push, shove, etc... Is it worth it? Is it worth being looked at as a bully? 

Is it worth it?

Every day, I walk through those hallways in school and I am called ugly, fat, and so many other things. It doesn't feel good. I feel for the people being bullied. There is too much going around in schools and the world outside of school.