Enough | Teen Ink

Enough

By AmeliaInk BRONZE, Clint, Texas
AmeliaInk BRONZE, Clint, Texas

"They were wrong"

I live in a world where being a size “0” is the definition of beautiful. Where starving your self was the new “trend” of the year. I live in a world where being bullied is a part of your everyday life, where kids of all ages commit suicide because someone took it too far. This world of abuse and hate is the reason why our society is slowly dying with the ignorance of those who live in it. Life, whether you hate it or love it you live through it every day. Through the struggles of not being good enough to the stress of being too much people tend to live it they’re own way. With all this negativity running through the streets like a virus what is it that we can do? How can you stop something you cannot see? How you change someone who isn’t willing to do so? How can you save someone from giving up? How?
When I was ten years old I was bullied to the age of fifteen. I feared for my life every day. I always felt like I wasn’t good enough for anyone not even my own family. I was the outcast of my class. I was that weird girl who wrote her thoughts on paper instead of saying them out loud. I suffered from a stuttering disorder where I couldn’t say words or speak without repeating it I wasn’t the ideal definition of “Beautiful”. But I went through life making sure I was close to it. I can’t tell you how many nights I cried myself to sleep, or how many times I stayed home instead of going to school. But I can tell you why I started to. I couple of years ago my mother was diagnosed with cancer. And later found out she had tumors. Now during this time I was a depressed lonely girl who didn’t have anyone. So when my mother told me about her condition I felt even worse. Every day I woke in fear thinking my mother wouldn’t.  And that’s when it hit me, all these thoughts running through my head about hating my life and yet here’s this extraordinary women right in front of me fighting for her life every day. At that point I realized that moping around hating my life wasn’t going to fix anything just make it worse. So, I got my life together, I started going back to school and started getting good grades. I was living a better life. Than high school came, here I am feeling excited about a new life at being older. Finally being able to fit in with crowd, little did it know I was wrong. Girls started spreading horrible rumors about me. Boys followed me into the restroom. I was shoved, tripped, hit every day. As time went on things got harder. Technology started to kick it like a drug. I was no longer fighting someone but something. A computer, with all these horrible comments, pictures and emails being shot at me like gun. I didn’t know what to do, I didn’t know how to fight back but I mean how could I? How can you combat an invisible enemy? How do you defend yourself against someone who hides behind her computer screen rather than her fists? I ask you this when a kid breaks out from bullying do they make a sound? Well.. do they?

Tamie GOLD said...
on Jul. 23 2015 at 7:00 pm
Tamie GOLD, Sonora, California

"if you can be anyone just be you unless you could be Buffy Summers then be Buffy Summers"

This is a great article. You are very talented. I am sorry for what you have been threw.

on Jun. 4 2015 at 4:34 pm
AshleySD BRONZE, Campbell, California
1 article 1 photo 90 comments
If this article is true, then I am truly sorry about what you have been through.