Stop Bullying | Teen Ink

Stop Bullying

By Colin McBride BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
Colin McBride BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

Before high school started, I was worried about being bullied by the kid who tormented me through middle and grade school. Everyday, I saw him in the hallway, waiting for his next victim. Some days I would get lucky--he would already be picking on another kid. I would then sneak by him, and escape from his tormenting words and pulling of my back as I tried to get away.

On the first day of high school, I hoped like a four year old on his birthday, that I was not going to have any classes, or have to walk by him in the hallways. But I soon realized that was only a dream, and that he was not going to leave me alone.

After having to spend three out of the ten hours sitting by him in class, I came to realization that high school was going to be like walking with glass in my shoes. Walking out of my seventh hour class, I saw him waiting. I tried to walk as fast as I could. But he saw me. After about three minutes of him standing over me and belittling me, he finally let me go and be on way to the next class.

This happened to me everyday for the next two weeks of high school. But then an innocent bystander came in like Bruce Wayne from Batman and told the bully to stop. He said, “stop wasting your time making some kid feel like he is the smallest person in the world.”

To this day me and the that kid that saved me from my Joker are best friends and he continues to be the man that I go to when I have a problem no matter how big of how small. Walking around school I don’t have to be worried about being picked on anymore and I know that I have someone who will always have my back. And I will always have his back. Through this experience I realized that students at my school have each other's back and will stand up for what is right.