Bullying at My School | Teen Ink

Bullying at My School

By Emmah24 SILVER, Colgate, Wisconsin
Emmah24 SILVER, Colgate, Wisconsin

Be Appropriate. Be Respectful. And Be Responsible. Three simple rules that must be followed by all students and staff here at Arrowhead High School. My school has a low tolerance for bullying and I know this first hand.

During the school year, there are many activities, groups, speakers that come in to talk with students, and also themed days/weeks. One of the most recognized things is our involvement with sports, and most importantly the sportsmanship of our athletes. Our athletes have high expectations of treating other teams how we want to be treated, and this is highly inforced. My school also has the Best Buddies Program. Best Buddies is an International non-profit organization consisting of volunteers to provide opportunities for disabled students.

One of the themed weeks that my school takes part in is NoH8 week. During this week, students will find inspirational and positive messages written on a sticky note placed on lockers and throughout hallways and classrooms. For each day of the week, students and staff are encouraged to also wear specific colors representing their support for different people.

On a daily basis, students can find inspirational quotes and positive messages throughout classrooms and hallways, especially on the new whiteboards. There isn’t many instances of bullying and I know that my school does what is needed to strike out bullying.