I Hated Myself | Teen Ink

I Hated Myself

By Eliza Shelton BRONZE, Arlington, Texas
Eliza Shelton BRONZE, Arlington, Texas

I remember as if it was yesterday. Children laughing at me due to my differences. Children staring at me. Children making fun of me. Those memories will never fade from my mind, I question myself sometimes, I always wonder why I’ve never did anything or told anyone. I remember always locking myself in my room for a long periods of time. I completely change, I didn’t know myself anymore. Those children who laughed at me, their laugher remained in my mind. I remember feeling so isolated, I hated school. My mother always knew I wasn’t quit myself, I used to be this little happy girl but that all changed once I experience something I never want to experience again. I remember being kicked in my stomach, and falling to the ground no one knew what happened except for me and the bully. I felt weak, I couldn’t take this anymore I wanted to die; but I was only in the third grade. My mother always knew I wasn’t quit myself, I used to be this little happy girl but that all changed once I experience something I never want to experience again While at recess, I remember sitting down at the slid and feeling the pain of rocks being throw at me. I wished many time to be left alone, but my wish never came true. Overtime the bullying stopped but I will never forget the pain that I went through at the age of eight.