Words Kill | Teen Ink

Words Kill

By Musicisthesoul SILVER, Hemet, California
Musicisthesoul SILVER, Hemet, California

"Greater is he that is within me,then he who is in the world"

"Why are you even here, no one likes you."    

She goes home pretends it's ok. Next morning she's found in her room wrists sliced. Huge blood stain next to her where she is with no life on her  carpet, hand still clutched to the butcher knife that took her life. 

"Please you are never going to have a girlfriend in that get up! Give it a rest already, you're a loser."    

Doesn't come back to school for days. Finally is found by a river,cold stiff ,and lifeless. He put a bag over his head wrapped it tightly with duck tape.            

"Your such a dork, your not even in a sport your so worthless." Goes home sees a bottle of medicine and takes it. The same night is reported in a fatal car accident, he took the pills and went for a final drive. While driving he overdosed on the steering wheel.          

All these life's taken because of someone putting them down, time after time. Putting things in their minds lowering their self esteem. Until they can't fight it no longer. They decide to give in,after all the pain and suffering they go through just because a kid that is not happy and is miserable and insecure with them selves an their lives, have to put them down to gain self confidence for them selves. Making someone feel less of them sleves,to feel good about them selves. Even if they do not think the person they are bullying will take it seriously and take their life for what they said,still those words filled with pain and sorrow should not have been said to begin with. Once it's said the damage is done you can't take it back. As I'm writing some are being bullied for the first time, some are getting tired of fighting back and some are finally at the point of giving in,others already have. This is not NECESSARY this does not need to happen!!!!!! How many more life's need to be lost before we speak up! Speak up now there is no better time.      

I have had so many friends that are so afriad to speak up,to tell someone what is going on. I have to tell for them if I don't I'm a bystander. If you think just because you are not the bully that is telling the person all those awful things, but your watching ,perfectly aware of the situation and not doing eny thing to stop it?Your just as accountable as the one throwing the words at the person.         

Every second another life is lost, the cause? Was bullied all his or her life. What's done is done,the person who tortured them of course feels guilty and sorry for what they did but it's to late. Be nice to them while you still have a chance, say sorry and actually mean it you might actually save a life from being taken.        

BULLYING  an action that breaks family's, makes people feel not important and TAKES LIFES! Something that is only done because one feels the need to hurt another to make them self feel better.        

If your being bullied tell someone! I know you hear it all the time but it is true, you are not alone, you can get through it. If your going through so much pain that you can no longer take it ask God for the peace he will give it to you, ask and you shall receive he says. If your the bully or has ever bullied someone, stop and think how would you feel if you were in there shoes you were the victim, you were the one going through the pain. My guess you would hate it also, if you still do it well god has his place for you making innocent people go through all that pain and suffering. Just stop now and be nice to them you don't need to put them down to feel better about yourself you don't know how good it feels to be nice to someone eny one give them a complement, you just might save a life.      

If every one does some kind of act either standing up for someone or just simply trying to be nice a simple hello. Pain, suffering,sadness and families having to bury their child,would finally end. With all of us it CAN!

We all either think bullying is not a big deal or it's not happening, but it is everyday everywhere and I just hope it will open eyes.  If your being bullied you can make it through it tell someone.and if your the bully I just hope you think twice before you do it again.Between all of us we can stop it ! 

I'm so glad it helped you and no matter what has happened or occurring always know that your not alone and everything will get better with time :)

on Dec. 16 2014 at 10:26 am
liveYOURlifeandloveit BRONZE, Spring City, Pennsylvania

"You may have won the war, but you will never take my crown." -Ronnie Radke

I absolutely love this article; it finally helped me realize what I should do about so many situations I've heard about, seen, witnessed, or even been in myself. Thank you so much.

Thank you truly and I hoped to had bring it to the light how people may see it. Thank you!

ninaelisey BRONZE, Mill Valley, California

Be calm.

This is a great article. Very moving to, and opens up the eyes so much. Please keep writing, your work is great!