A Letter To All The Bullies, Bystanders, And Victims | Teen Ink

A Letter To All The Bullies, Bystanders, And Victims

October 15, 2014
By Samantha Ascencio BRONZE, Hemet, California
Samantha Ascencio BRONZE, Hemet, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

It’s not okay you know? To lower someone’s self esteem or confidence just to make yourself feel better. How does that make you feel any better about yourself? It’s stupid and obnoxious. Why can’t we all just get along? Do you not see the pain you are causing in someone else’s heart? There has been many cases in which the victims commit suicide. They just gave up because they felt alone and hurt and insecure and the list goes on. All because some bully got bored and decided to pick on them constantly.  And if you are reading this and you know that you are a bully, please stop, no not even please, stop it. You are messing with someone’s heart and you’re making them dread coming to school. You’re making them feel alone and like they can’t tell anyone. If you feel the need to bully someone because of your personal problems, well why don’t you try counseling or therapy. That’s 110x better than ruining someone’s day/life.Now if you’ve ever witnessed bullying and never did anything about it ,why? Why didn’t you do something? Is it because you’re afraid of the bully yourself, or you don’t want to get involve? Don’t worry about not getting involved, because you need to. If you don’t want to confront the bully, fine, but go tell someone, especially an adult. Because it is NOT okay for you to watch someone getting bullied and just pretend like it never happened. So next time, DO something. If you’ve ever been bullied or still are getting bullied, let me tell you something. You are not alone, don’t you ever think or feel that. You are special no matter what. And if you feel alone, you’re not, you have your family, your friends, and me. So don’t feel like the only solution is to take away your life because it isn’t. Tell someone, that’s the best decision. It’ll put an end to your torture. I promise you that. So whether you’re a bully, bystander, or victim, let’s all put an end to bullying.