Death by Embarrassment | Teen Ink

Death by Embarrassment

By Tabby Wirebach BRONZE, Robesonia, Pennsylvania
Tabby Wirebach BRONZE, Robesonia, Pennsylvania

In truth, no one has ever died purely out of embarrassment. What the real damage is, is not the inciting incident- perhaps you tripped and fell smack dab in the middle of a class room. Maybe you mucked around all day with some toilet paper plastered at the bottom of your shoe and somehow not a single person through the course of your daily routine had the decency to point it out.
Or perhaps something deeper. A false rumor was circulated, a secret leaked through the cracks of this protective wall you’ve found yourself building until a “trusting” friend comes along and jabs it with a stick. Regardless of the source of the embarrassment- it is indeed not the central problem. See, if everyone were to never again mention that dreaded day you got gum tangled in your hair, the memory would eventually fade from existence. Your mind, and everyone else’s. The situation controlled, the deal not such a big one.
No, the core issue is not that something crappy happened to you or fate decided to screw you in particular today. The real, big, huge, final dilemma is the repercussions of other human beings- who are, in fact, just as flawed. They drag it on, blow things out of proportion. Tease, harass, distort. Sometimes it’s simply meant as good natured jest. Other times- cruel hard wickedness from the human heart. So, in truth, no one has ever “died out of our own embarrassment.” But murdered by our peers.

Preferences

§

1

2

3

4

5

6

7

8

9

0

-

=

Backspace

Tab

q

w

e

r

t

y

u

i

o

p

[

]

Return

capslock

a

s

d

f

g

h

j

k

l

;

'

\

shift

`

z

x

c

v

b

n

m

,

.

/

shift

English

alt

alt

Preferences

on Oct. 19 2014 at 12:03 am
Brittany1996 SILVER, Waupun, Wisconsin

Never let the fear of striking out, keep you from playing the game.

Your grammer and spelling were perfect, but when it came to the actual article I couldn't find anything interesting about it. Honestly I didn't even understand the point of it. It didn't say anything about you or that made you stand out compared to any other writer. One of the greatest things in my opinion about writing is that every writer is uniqe in their own way when it comes to their writing.