What Is Bullying | Teen Ink

What Is Bullying

September 25, 2014
By hisgirl41514 BRONZE, Macungie, Pennsylvania
hisgirl41514 BRONZE, Macungie, Pennsylvania
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

There are few types of bullying that  happen to kids. What is bullying you may ask? Well it is an unwanted, aggressive behavior among school aged children that involves a real or perceived power imbalance. The behavior is repeated, or has the potential to be repeated, over time. Bullying includes actions such as making threats, spreading rumors, attacking someone physically or verbally, and excluding someone from a group on purpose. What is cyberbullying? Cyberbullying is bullying that takes place using electronic technology. Examples of cyberbullying include mean text messages or emails, rumors sent by email or posted on social networking sites, and embarrassing pictures, videos, websites, or fake profiles. How can people prevent bullying......well that's kind of hard when schools dont help out with the kids that are being bullied. Some preventions for bullying isParents, school staff, and other adults in the community can help kids prevent bullying by talking about it, building a safe school environment, and creating a community-wide bullying prevention strategy.  why do kids bully other kids? Well they may bully because Low self-esteem may not be the leading cause of why people bully, but it is still an important reason to consider. Some children have experienced bullying by their peers themselves and then turn around and do it to someone else in an attempt to feel better about themselves.  Kids in schools should stop being a bully because some kids will commit suidcide over it. BULLYING NEEDS TO BE STOPPED! 


The author's comments:

I know a girl in Highschool that is being bullied and her school isnt doing anything about it