Project Inner Beautry | Teen Ink

Project Inner Beautry

By ProjectInnerBeauty BRONZE, San Tan Valley, Arizona
ProjectInnerBeauty BRONZE, San Tan Valley, Arizona

“The beauty of a woman is not in a facial mole,but true beauty in a Woman is reflected in her soul. It is the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she knows.” -Audrey Hepburn

??Guys always complain about girls that wear extensions, colored contacts, fake eyelashes, and make-up. But the thing is, they fail to realize that they are the ones who encourage us to do exactly these things. We blame it on the media, but if we think about it, it’s not media that we are trying to impress, so how could it be their fault? The ones that we are trying to impress are boys. Men are the ones that give us the image of “the perfect woman” that none of will ever be able to live up to. The media then takes advantage of that as a way to make money.
??So the real source of all this? Guys. They are always saying that they like girls better without make-up, but then go and call the girl they saw in the hallway “ugly” and other derogatory terms such as “fat”. They also say degrading things about a girls body, making us think that all men care about is what’s on the outside. This is NOT true.
??Girls, all I can say is, STOP trying to impress guys! Wear what makes you feel comfortable and confident, not what a guy thinks you should wear. That image you have of the perfect girl? Forget it! You, yourself, what you see in the morning, that is the perfect woman.
??I’m not saying that men are evil. I’m saying that there is a guy out there who will think that you are the ideal woman and you don’t ever have to try to be something that you’re not. Never settle for less. In the mean time of waiting for your prince charming, focus on loving yourself and being confident with who you are.
??***Since when did it become okay for guys to mentally bully girls? My names Grace, and this is Project Inner Beauty.***

I was inspired to write this article when I overheard two guys in my class saying degrading and vulgar things about girls. I then realized how much these things that guys say effect girls. I'm hoping that the girls reading this will realize that they are beautiful no matter what guys say and that they deserve to be treated with nothing but the utmost respect.

GeorgeF said...
on Sep. 14 2014 at 5:50 pm
This is really a great way to see un-called for expectations. Bullying is totally wrong, and it's not always the kid who gets your lunch money or trips you everyday. Good job explaining this type of bullying, Grace!