Bullying | Teen Ink

Bullying

July 2, 2014
By Writingbee GOLD, Kirkland, Washington
Writingbee GOLD, Kirkland, Washington
14 articles 21 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
Live for today, love for tomorrow, and laugh at all your yesterdays. Never regret the past, always hope for the future, and cherish every moment you have.


Bullying is a problem few know how to solve. People say that things can change. If we teach kids they'll realize what they’re doing is wrong. The truth is people do not learn through teaching. They learn through experience. If someone dies does because of bullying it strikes home but then people forget.

You can't forget about those who died. People need to learn that these thing really do happen, people really do die. You can't tear people down just because they are different, because they are new, because they are not you. They are human just like the rest of us and we have no right to treat human beings like they are a broken piece of china.

We are all different; no two people are the same and never will be. They all have their own personalities and experience. You have no idea what their home life is like or what they went through in the past. You might be insecure yourself and that might be why you act the way you do but does that really give you the right to make someone else feel worthless. Does that give you the right to make other people feel the way you do.
People are people and they make mistakes but most people have some humanity to admit to their mistakes and rectify them. Bullying is not just among teenagers it happens in all age groups. Adults say that if you bully they punish you. No they don't. Suspending a student that hates school for bullying does not solve the problem because they will enjoy not coming to school and they will have learned nothing from there supposed punishment. Then they come back to school and continue bullying the same kid because they learn nothing from this punishment. If you want to punish them do something that will get their attention, expulsion, jail, something that they will not enjoy!

Bullying is physical and mental abuse. How is this any different from adults? Why are adults punished more severely than teenagers for the same crimes? If you punish them on a more extreme level that will stay with them forever were as suspension means nothing to them. Schools need to learn how to better punish students for things that cause kids to kill themselves. Schools are taking these things way to lightly. They have anti-bullying days and try to teach the kids. When are the schools going to learn that is not doing anything and not changing anything? Even the kids who don't kill themselves live in constant fear, worry, and torture. They have to live with the memories and constant fear of those things happening again. Their lives will never be the same again. They are forever changed in the way they live their lives.