Think Before You Act | Teen Ink

Think Before You Act

By Writingbee GOLD, Kirkland, Washington
Writingbee GOLD, Kirkland, Washington

Live for today, love for tomorrow, and laugh at all your yesterdays. Never regret the past, always hope for the future, and cherish every moment you have.

I grab you and hold you, tie you up and pin you down. I hold the gun and fired the shot, you scream in horror. You watch as the person you bullied dies in front of you by a shot fired by their own hand. You scream in horrific silence. By your hand this was caused. It was just as if you had fired the shot yourself. You, the one who torched and me feel helpless, you who should know the pain I felt. Now you live with regret and hopeless despair.

The despair caused to me by you. You are the only one to blame for your callus tong, your vile words deepening the wounds already cut. You’re the only one to blame for your own words. No one else is responsible for your actions. You have brought a vengeful life upon yourself.

Every waking day you see me dead before your eyes. Every sleeping moment you watch me cower before you the watch as I loom above you and put a bullet through my head. These are the thoughts and horrors that plague you. You look behind you hearing my words as a whisper from the memory. You see a shadow and turn but there's nothing.

You live in constant fear of my memory because you chose to take a human being and turn them into nothing. You have decided you are above everyone. You took a good kind sole and turned them into an empty shell. You have destroyed a human being, a living person. Now I have destroyed you by ending me. This is what you wanted now you have it. You called me ugly and fat; you told me I should die. Now you have to live with the horror of what you have done.

Think before you act