Bleeding for Myself | Teen Ink

Bleeding for Myself

By ScarlettJ. DIAMOND, West Newton, Pennsylvania
ScarlettJ. DIAMOND, West Newton, Pennsylvania

"You are only confined by the walls you build around yourself." "Follow your heart, but take your brain with you." "You were born to be real, not to be perfect."

This blade never felt so cold. I hold it tightly, memorizing its weight and shine. I used to clean it, used to wash it before I used it. But my skin still puckers, still stings, still bleeds just as much.
So why bother? I know take a deep breath and lightly, slowly, take it across my thighs. If I do it slowly, it'll hurt more. Faster and it gets done quicker. But I need this to last, I need this to hurt, so bad, so much, yet never enough. When I need more I drag the blade across my shins, my stomach, and my arms until I'll a walking piece of art.
A bloody canvas slashes with reds and crimsons. I'm still holding my breath and the tears start rolling. The people that don't know me laugh in my mind, point and giggle.
But they'd never know I'm a cutter. I'm to plain, to average. No black clothing, no emo band bracelets. my hair is flung over my shoulders and I'm silent, silently waiting for the sting of the cuts to arrive and break me. I'll fall onto the bathroom floor and watch the blood drip, drip, drip.
I'm bleeding out the pain and I'm so sick, so godly sick of doing it to myself.
No one will ever know the pain of being me.
Only I am my worst enemy. And I will continue to bleed myself dry.

on May. 20 2014 at 8:31 am

Thank you, I'm glad, I was hoping for someone who could truely understand what the point in this was. :)

on May. 20 2014 at 8:30 am

Thank you, I really appreciate it.

on May. 19 2014 at 8:53 pm
youareworthlife_ BRONZE, Glenwood, Illinois

When you fall down, rise back up and don't give up this fight because you are worth life"

absolutley amazing. seriously if you ever need anythinng ill always be here to listen

on May. 19 2014 at 2:53 pm
ImmortalRose GOLD, Arvada, Colorado

Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding.
Khalil Gibran

Wow... this is one of the most beautiful things Ive read. Beautiful to me because it explains so well what I have struggle with.