When I Fall | Teen Ink

When I Fall

March 25, 2014
By ScarlettJ. DIAMOND, West Newton, Pennsylvania
ScarlettJ. DIAMOND, West Newton, Pennsylvania
92 articles 0 photos 88 comments

Favorite Quote:
"You are only confined by the walls you build around yourself." "Follow your heart, but take your brain with you." "You were born to be real, not to be perfect."


I step closer to the edge of my own sanity each day. I imagine myself standing on a mountain, covered in the whitest snows and filled with the coldest winds. This place is my heart.
Dead, lonely, broken.
I have absolutely nothing to hold onto here, I have no more people to surround me and wish to keep me. I'm going to fall into the nothing below.
Willingly jump over the edge and plummet downwards until there's nothing left.
So now I whisper into the wind," Would you miss me?"
"Could you understand my need to give up and let the wind take me? I feel the Devil waiting, can feel God's tears fall from the sky and wash over me."
They know I've reached my end. They watch silently as I make the final steps towards the End.
"Take me," I whisper. " I've reached my limit."
I'm falling in numbness. letting the wind guide me as I fall.
Forever.
My eyes close as the journey ends, arms of Death circling me and leading me to the open doors.
"Are you ready?" Death asks. I smile.
"I'm ready to rest. At last..."