When He Touches Me | Teen Ink

When He Touches Me

By ScarlettJ. DIAMOND, West Newton, Pennsylvania
ScarlettJ. DIAMOND, West Newton, Pennsylvania

"You are only confined by the walls you build around yourself." "Follow your heart, but take your brain with you." "You were born to be real, not to be perfect."

Arms as strong as steel crush me. I scream and thrash but his grip tightens around my arms, my body. I'm crying and willing him to let me go, but his smile is twisted and I know he wants more. Again, he begins his torment and he suffocates me, hands clamping around my throat. But his hands are slick with sweat and he slips for the smallest second. I bring the heel of my hand up and can feel his nose shatter, can feel the blood running down my palm and spraying out. He wails and swings, nearly clipping my jaw but I struggle to get away.
To breathe.
I'm on my feet and I'm running, hearing his voice scream my name in such rage that I fear that when he finds me, he'll kill me. Destroy me into a billion pieces of pain and agony.
"Silly little girl," he calls. I plant a hand over my mouth to keep from gasping, trying to slow my heart. Afraid he'll hear it. I'm crouching in a neighbors bushes and I hear him, stumbling around aimlessly looking for me. Thinking of a new sick way to hurt me.
Thorns prick into my bare body, but I welcome the cold. I welcome the numbness and loneliness and sink onto my side. Sleep.
Sleep and silence.
I don't bother worrying if I'll wake up...