Bullying and Bullies | Teen Ink

Bullying and Bullies

By MicahMorrison GOLD, Washington, DC, District Of Columbia
MicahMorrison GOLD, Washington, DC, District Of Columbia

"It's not too late, it's never too late" -Three Days Grace

In my school, we have different type of people, the “populars,” “normals,” and “outcasts.” If you asked most people, I would be considered as a “normal outcast.” I like country and rock music and in big cities, like mine, hip-hop and rap music rule the radio. Everywhere, people are made fun of for what they like, who they like, who they hang with, how they dress, how they act, and pretty much everything else you can think of, people are made of for it. And this is how bullying and bullies come about. Bullies are usually bullies because of something that’s not going right in their life. Bullying other people will make more bullies because if someone feels hurt, they might want to hurt someone else so they know other people feel the way that they do. Bullying could also be severe torcher to someone. Somebody may be having a hard day, tough week, maybe even a difficult month and they may be feeling upset or depressed. And if someone bullies them in a stage like that, it could be all they need to fall into deep (or deeper) depression. I know people who struggle with cutting or have suicidal thoughts; I think we all know at least one person who is like that. Those people who struggle with things like that were probably bullied throughout their lives. Middle school and high school aren’t the only place where bullying occurs, but it is often where the most vicious cases of bullying happens. I saw a documentary called The Bully. It goes in depth about how people who get bullied live with it. One boy didn’t want to live with it anymore so he ended his own life. These days we all types of social media; we have Facebook, Twitter, Vine, Instagram, Snapchat, and many more. Now, cyber bullying is at its peak because a lot of different types of people all use the same social media sources. In school, people are physically bullies, verbally bullied, and excluded. Exclusion is a type of bullying, even though it may not seem like it. The problem with bullying is that it doesn’t end with someone feeling hurt or someone standing up for him or herself or someone getting other people involved. It sometimes ends up with people taking their own lives. Pain is a torturous thing. Don’t bully, it’s better for you, for your community, and for the world.

Crystallite BRONZE, Santa Elena, Other
I like this a lot. its so true bullying does affect a large number of people and it is a very dangerous thing. thanks for submitting this! and great message that you are putitng out there. we need more people like you for us to put an end to bullying globaly . Awesome work. nicelly written.