Different | Teen Ink

Different

By 12345-- GOLD, Windsor, Connecticut
12345-- GOLD, Windsor, Connecticut

Life will never give you more than you can handle - - Austin Carlile

Have you ever felt different? Like no matter what you did you would always be looked at oddly? Like if you even dared to change or be different you would be judged? well I have. I can relate to all of you. I know what it feels like to be the odd-ball. But you know what? The only reason that you're judged and people talk about you behind your back is because you're more interesting. The fact that you may be Gay or Lesbian, maybe even just plain old different like Emo or Goth, shows that you're not afraid to be who you really are. And you shouldn't be. You shouldn't care about what other people think of you; if you show them that you're not afraid to show who you really are, you're showing them that you don't care. You'll be who you want to be not matter what.But you just have to remember, it's not what you say to a bully it's how you stand up to them. Don't stand up to a bully by hitting and abusing, fight back with actions. Be yourself and have all the people in the world behind you because whoever really cares about YOU, will stay no matter what. Keep your head up and never stop trying...because once you stop trying you're letting the world know that you're scared. And it's okay to be scared but if you really try hard, you can overcome your fears and be who you are inside.

Ari.6 BRONZE said...
on Aug. 4 2013 at 7:17 pm
Ari.6 BRONZE, Burlington, North Dakota

Each and everyone of us have a flame that burns inside and they can try to put that flame out but as long as we know who we are meant to be, they don't stand a chance. Andy Sixx, BVB

I like your article a lot and it has a lot of truth in it and you can tell from it your really who you are and thats a good thing.