Am I still alive | Teen Ink

Am I still alive

By BobbiJames PLATINUM, Tunnel Hill, Georgia
BobbiJames PLATINUM, Tunnel Hill, Georgia

Well right about now I bet you are sitting there saying, this is going to be a stupid story about the signs of bulling and what we should and shouldn't do. Guess what? You are wrong, instead of telling you the types and signs of bulling I think it would be better if I gave you a real life true story example from my life. I will tell you this could get a little graphic with words, so just telling you now.

It was an average day for me, get up bright and early, fix breakfast, feed the animals, and so on. On the other hand, this was going to be one of the days that changed my life forever. Every day later in the day I take a jog. I never, ever change my route, to the end of Nellie Head and down the road across from that to a little creek that I found down in the woods. There at the creek I rest for a little bit and then head back. Well on that day I slip on my running shoes and shorts with a tank top and proceed to get my dog, odd thing is is he didn't want to come, and he always comes with me. I guess this was going to be my first time running without him. So I start on down the road, and something didn't feel right, I didn't have a phone, all I had on me was a switch blade, nothing else. Even though I started to get an odd feeling, I continued to run, knowing something was not right. Well I get to the end of Nellie Head and start down to the creek, as soon as I get there I take a load off. Someone was with me, and I didn't know who. I go to grab my switch blade and all at once I feel someone grabbing me in a fierce manner. Knowing this wasn't any of my friends down that road I start to scream I get enough scream out for about 3 seconds, thinking someone was going to try and save me I try to not panic. With tape over my mouth my hands pinned by someone realy strong, even with as much adrenaline I had, I could not fight who ever this mystery man was, what ever he wanted,he was going to get, possibly even my life. I try and try to get to my knife when I am almost there I get pinned even harder. He starts to take my clothes off and touch me over and over, and the more I try and scream they more he does it. Seeming like it lasted for hours, he stuck things in me, over and over. All at once I try and scream again and I feel this sharp pain in my head. I knew he had hit me, and if he finds my knife, I may not walk out of here alive. Passed out, I still try over and over to come to, but the more I try the harder it gets, hours later I come to. I find my shorts down my shirt torn and head throbbing, I thought I could be able to turn to my best guy friend I know. Knowing Dylan's brother was a preacher, and he wouldn't ask any questions, I start to sprint down the road, staying out of sight of any cars. I get infront of his house, I see his brother, Hunter outside. Seeing that, I decided then, I would just go somewhere else and clean up. Then, well, me and Dylan's brother didn't get along well. So I knew I couldn't turn to him. Well that night I was spending the night with Tori, I knew I had to cancel that to, her dad is a cop, what is he going to say when he sees me like this, he is going to be mad, say I am a bad influence. So I just go to another friends house, she didn't ask any questions, her uncle was scared, but I didn't say a thing. I spent the night with her for the next couple days even though I was scared to go outside and scared to do anything.
December 24 2012 Chrismas Eve
Ir was close to Christmas, and I was still scared, but I couldn't let that keep me from delivering everyone egg nog, eggs, and presents in the neighbor hood. That was not going to stop me though. So this time I had my little wagon of presents, eggs, and jars of egg nog and proceeded down the road. I had a since I was being followed, but I dodn't want to turn around. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the truck that had followed me from the bridge on Nellie Head, it was a white truck, I knew what he wanted and I knew who this was to. I thought one time would be enough for him. I begin to walk a little faster and faster. Well by this time it is almost dark. I still have stuff to give out and I am also a good distance away from home. I am walking back to my wagon of presents after giving a couple there stuff, all at once, I feel a sharp pain in my neck, like a snake bighting me, sinking his fangs in deep. This I knew was no snake, it was not warm enough for snakes to be out. Within seconds my body feels limp, I can't feel a thing I can't move a muscle, so I try and scream, I can't move my mouth. Oh my fish crackers and cookies! He has got me again, and now I know who it is, I know who this man is! He made sure my eyes were open telling me, "Show me those pretty little eyes over and over again." For Christmas eve I was wearing a skirt knee length, no shorts under it, and a button up top. Needless to say, it wasn't hard for him to not rip my clothes that time. My parents were gone to take my mom to work and they weren't due back until 10 PM the next day. What was I going to do? I couldn't fight. I couldn't scream. This paralizer wasn't going to wear off for hours. That's exactly how long it lasted to. This time, the only difference was he had drugged me and put me in the back of his truck and took me some place I could not remember. All I know is it was pitch black. Pitch black dark. As I lay there feeling him inside me I keep begging God to just let him kill me already. Just let him kill me. I can not stand this. I knew I couldn't turn to the police, I knew Dylan wouldn't believe me, so I just lay there, my last words before he shot another dose in me, what I remember, "What do you want you bastard, was one time not enough? Just kill me already!" The last thing I remember hearing was, "Now why would I do that? If I kill you baby then I can't use you any more. If Daddy can't use you you know what that means, promse Daddy you will work very hard for him." I had things in my mouth that if I would have been alert I probably would have puked from. I had things in places that I thought was just on shows like Law & Order SVU. I was wrong. This was life. This was all my fault and my screw up, and I knew not even a preacher boy would accept me as a friend after this. "Thou shall not have sex out of wed lock." I sensed then I am screwed. I have no body to turn to at all. I broke that law. It was my fault, as I lay there motionless I think about what the church is going to think when they find out about this. Hours after the man is gone I come to. I look and feel like crap. It's dark I have no flash light and my head is like a turn table. Yep if I don'tget hit by a car, I am screwed. So I am walking back towards the church and apparently I was so screwed up I was walking in the middle of the road, eventually I finally collapsed in the middle of the street and luckily someone found me in time. I was drugged to a point where my blood pressure was down to the bottomles pit of the world. I get to the hospital they give me suff to cancel out the drugs and get it out of my system, fast, and suggest I stay for at least 1 more night, I told them I am leaving against medical terms. I will be fine! I leave there and they drop me off at the house, I am home alone and can not sleep. Every sound scares me even more. By morning I finally decide to walk down t the church and take a quick nap on the steps. I get a couple hours in there. That was my wonderful Chrismas present.
January 7 2013 My Birthday
Well I didn't really try to think about the rapes much after that. I was hoping it would be one of those memories that just kind of fade away. January seventh was the day we returned to school from Christmas break. I was not ready for this, I did not plan on telling anybody about what had went on over my Christmas break. Well my school day was the usual, but when I got home I got to go to Baskin Robins and pick out a big icecream cake. I ended up with the biggest one that they had and had to go and give some to all the neighbors. I was on my way to give some to another guy and it was late at night, we wee on the time where it got dark early, any way, but I was on my way down there and all at once I decided to go on down to the pond to. So I went down to the pond, terrified. I went and sat down by the river and listened to the river flow. All of a sudden I hear a twig snap behind me, I know this is not the weiner dog that visits me while I am down there this is something bigger, way bigger. Right then, I knew I had to make a run for it, if he got me this time, I would not be alive. Just as I was about to get up he grabs my hair, and pulls me to him. He says, "You are mine b****! Make me proud!" Scared for my life, I don't know what to do. He starts forcing his genetiles down my throat causing me to seize from my blood pressure. All a once I feel nothing I hear nothing and see nothing. You know how people always say when you see the light don't go to it? Well I already went into it. This man had killed a 14 year old baby girl on her birthday and if he didn't lay me some where where I would be found and be helped soon, my chances of coming back, less then 10%. The next thing I remember I was laying in a ditch on that same road about say less then a quarter of a mile from Dylan's house, dead. Next thing I know I am in the back of an helicopter under CPR. After being shocked 3 times I finally came to, I could hear the doctors happiness. I on the other hand, was scared, I knew that if my best friend has seen me in the ditch I am screwed, our friendship is over. Seeing I have lost both of my blood big brothers he was the closest thing I had to a big brother. I knew I was in trouble.
Luckily he didn't and we were friends until he did find out.

The Aftermath of It All
My recoery was fine, it did mess up my liver and seeing the hospital didn't report me as a rape patient I didn't take counceling. To this day I still have nightmares, I still have people call me names, and seeing the man that did it lives a couple of houses down from me and was never put away, yes I am still scared to go outside. I can not report him Dylan's parents and grandparent's that I go to church with will take his side, even when I saw his face. So he still walks the street. Dylan found out at church camp and I can tell you he still thinks lesser of me. Hunter has yet to find out as far as I know. I have yet to take counceling to. This wasn't your regular bully, this was one that wanted more.