raising awareness | Teen Ink

raising awareness

July 5, 2013
By Missua BRONZE, Beirut, Alaska
Missua BRONZE, Beirut, Alaska
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
live and let live, do not judge, take life as it comes and deal with it, everything will be okay.


Hello, so this is my first little article .
I’m a 16 year old girl and I’m here today to tell you a story. My story is about Bullying. I know you’ve all heard it before, bullying is bad, you may hurt people’s feelings, all of this is true, but what I’m about to do is step into the bullied kid’s shoes.

So for us 16 year olds, gossip isn’t really a foreign thing, especially in a small country such as Lebanon. When does it stop being about gossip and passing time and start really being all about bullying? That’s the limit teenagers tend to ignore, and most of time cross.

Imagine you’re the bullied kid, go with me on this one, close your eyes and keep track.
You go to school, people look at you in a weird way. Your friends ditch you because of all the rumors going around and they actually become the people spreading those rumors. You don’t go out on recesses anymore like you used to, instead you just sit in class alone pretending you’re perfectly fine so that others don’t pity you. Some of them will with their fake “ If you need anything … “
If I need anything what? Will you help me go out there, us against the world, and stand in front of all the school, fighting the tears, trying to tell them all these rumors are false? No, you won’t. So, no thanks.
And let us not talk about the people who actually are courageous enough to tell you everything in your face without flinching an eye.

Your home becomes your safe place when a couple of weeks ago your best friend’s room was. Your parents become your best friends, and that event that will make your week will be when the good shows are on.

All I want to say is there’s enough evil in this world, be the one person that will help not destroy other people because maybe, just maybe they might not make it.


The author's comments:
this comes from the bottom of my heart and the core of me.