The Invitation This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

yellow cardstock paper
with bold-faced printed words
announcing The Party
that you Can't Miss
and how much Fun It Will Be
handed out
in the hallways
by girls with shimmering hair
cascading like waterfalls down cheeks
and strawberry-flavored smiles
passing papers from one
to another
spreading exponentially
and infecting the school
"Did you hear?"
mutters the breeze that sends
the flyers rippling
in the sea of Who's Who
as I swim through
empty-handed

RarelyJadedThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 2 at 4:57 pm:
Ya know what? People like us have to throw our own parties! Great poem. Comment on one of mine?

wanderlustfulThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Feb. 3 at 1:47 am :
Agreed! And yes, I will!

junedayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 26 at 1:36 pm:
beautifully written! so sad.. I have also experienced bieng left out of stuff my friends were doing together. maybe you could change "waterfalls of hair cascading down cheeks?" to "waterfalls of hair cascading down their backs?" just my opinion.

Jan. 28 at 1:23 pm :
Thank you so much! I like that suggestion a lot, so I'll keep it in mind!