The Worst Thing About Bullying This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

The worst thing about
Bullying
Wasn't the
Wrist-twisting –
It wasn't the midnight marks
Scattered across my arms
Reminding me constantly
Of my toothpick-boned body
Weeping over
Lost self-esteem.
The worst thing about
Bullying
Wasn't the
Bad name listing –
The tiny words that
Worked like piranhas
Swimming through sound waves
Straight into
The worst of my dreams.
No,
The worst thing about
Bullying
All occurred in this one scene –
Looking in the mirror, seeing
Faded bullies leave their
Names in my skin,
Seeing hollowed-out
Stars
In my eyes that would glisten,
Suddenly,
A toxic epiphany was
In the room with me,
Pinching my eyes and
Pulling at ends.
The worst thing about
Bullying
Is that they
Were
My
“Friends.”

CookieMonster24This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
today at 8:40 am:
I am absolutely in love with this. Its even better than I expected it to be, as I started reading. I love how it ends. Congratulations. 

rheameThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 28, 2013 at 12:51 am:
wow what a wonderful poem! lovely and superb ideas!

jetta.ckThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:32 pm:
You've got a fantastic way of wording your poetry - I don't know how to convey my own feelings a lot of the time in my work. I really admire how you write, too! It flows well and is a great addition to TI. Great job!!

ClarinetPower said...
I love this, especially the twist at the end!

bella said...
i luv this artical it is so good!!!!!!!!

AudreyKathleenHepburn said...
Sept. 26, 2012 at 7:05 am:
Dear Author,   This is amazing piece the description and detail in this piece is amazing! I hope people get a understanding of what a situation like this can do to people's self esteem levels.I have been tought about these people c alled "Bullies".I love your work please dont stop you deserve every oppertunity to out smart those bullies!   From:AudreyKathleenHepburn