How to Deal with Bullies

Dear everyone,

Have you ever been bullied before? I was bullied for six years straight, first grade to sixth grade. I hated school everyday. One time I had four bullies picking on me at once. I fought back one day and was expelled, but stopped two of them from picking on me ever again! Fighting back worked for me and may do the same for you.

If you don't fight back you will have anger and sadness locked inside yourself. I know this because I have anger and sadness locked inside myself ever since first grade. It's just waiting for that one moment in my next true fight to be released (I don't look forward to it). If you can't or refuse to fight back or to get stronger to protect yourself, you will continue to build up more anger and sadness over the years, and one day you will snap, and you might hurt someone you cared for.

When you fight back, you may even gain some power over the bully(s) that picks on you. The bully will learn to not mess with you after you have shown them that you will not tolerate the treatment. If you do gain power over them, DON'T go over board! It could ruin your quality of life!

Truthfully, I think kids should NOT be suspended for fighting back. In the law, a person has the right to defend him or herself, in other words, you CAN fight back! School rules are stupid when it comes to defense! You fight back against a bully, but it will come to a price for the pathetic school defense policy.

That's what I think of fighting back or how to REALLY deal with a bully. ALL of this worked for me when I finally realized it, and no jerk has messed with me for a while.

WARNING!!!!

These will not always work, but is better then waiting for someone to do it for you while you suffer

Yours Truly,

Patrick A.

mplo said...
This is an excellent essay, Patrick A.! Thanks. Learning how to fight back increases a young person's confidence, therefore reducing his/her likelihood of being a future target. Glad you were able to defend yourself and get those jerks to quit hassling you.

Butterflygirl172 said...
Dec. 12, 2013 at 9:54 am
It's tru stick up for your self and fight back don't just stand there like a turtle and get beat up keep it up it's great how people talk about this is I got bullied a lot and know I am going to put my foot down.

mplo replied...
Jan. 10 at 8:38 am
It's disgusting that when a person who sticks up for him/herself when being bullied, whether it be physically or psychologically, s/he is the one that often gets into trouble. While it's true that one has a legal right to defend him/herself if they're the victim of an unprovoked physical assault, it's also true, however, that going beyond what's necessary to ward off the assault can land one in a nasty legal bind, and perhaps even be involved in a pretty expensive civil lawsuit. That being sai... (more »)

ambber said...
bulling is not good at all. i seen a kid kill himself over bullying. bullying has took over so many peoples life. the bullying has to stop 8% of kids under the age of 14 die a year because of bullying.