Keep Your Head Up | Teen Ink

Keep Your Head Up

October 11, 2018
By knb2828 BRONZE, Ames, Iowa
knb2828 BRONZE, Ames, Iowa
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

“Your so ugly and fat and no one would ever like someone like you!” He said to me. Then he just walked away with all his “popular friends” who just laughed. Everywhere in school I just hear snickering here and there and my name and loser and all those awful things. I let all the bullies get into my head they made me think I was ugly and fat and my one friend and my family were the only ones who tried to tell me no your not fat and your beautiful but I just couldn't get my mind to think that about myself.


One day just playing on the playground in 3rd grade by the monkey bars one kid just came up to me and flipped me on my back for absolutely no reason. In 5th grade I was punched in the shoulder.  Thinking back, now I have realized I didn't exactly say anything mean I just said you won’t punch me because he was telling me he was going to but of course he did because I aggravated him.

 

This year in 7th grade I actually don't feel as insecure. Yes I still feel insecure once and awhile but not everyday. Now i'm not afraid to go to school because I would get cussed at everyday by one person and the teacher didn’t care she told me to talk it out with all my bullying problems.


I have learned just don't let others get to you and in your head they will make you think less of yourself. Just keep your head up and hope for the best and when bad times come just power through them.


The author's comments:

I am highly inspired by people who always keep their head up even when being bullied and just hope for the best and thats what I try to do but its not always that simple. I feel as if being bullied has helped become stronger mentally and physically.